HOW SOON WE FORGET…AND…FOLLOW MAINSTREAM MEDIA’S NARRATIVES.
PLEASE PEOPLE TIMES ARE CHANGING.
THE WHOLE WORLD IS IN THE CYCLE OF WAR AND THE SOUNDS OF WAR DRUMS.
DID HOMELAND THINK IT WOULD BE SPARED?
IF YOU BELIEVE SO, THINK AGAIN.
Oppressed people historically seek liberation from oppressive governments. However, oppressed Black people in America today seek relief from oppression from the government of the United states of America. This dichotomy puts Black folks in the position of having to ask for protection from the same source that can and often times is the one doing the oppressing.
Since the end of the civil war, Black people have sought the protection of the Federal government from the pro-slavery attitudes of the governments of the Southern states of the old Confederacy and their like-minded offspring. We have and continue to wrestle and fight for every step towards equality that we have made.
We must be as humble as lambs yet as cunning as serpents in this new millennium. We must not mistake who or what governments are and what they do. We need to continue to use the Federal government to block the reactionary policies of some of these states while not being naïve as to the nature and consequence of government overreach.
No permanent friends, no permanent enemies only permanent interest.
Originally posted on IT IS WHAT IT IS:
Wisconsin conservatives and liberal politicians with each perspective supporters find common ground in the proposed new Bucks Arena.
As I have gone on record in the past…both political parties are good at selling failed political, economic, and social pipe dreams to the common people constituency.
The broadening inequality gap between the “haves and have-nots” in America is disgraceful on the international stage of global concerns. Yet both American parties have failed to remedy the shrinking / disappearing middle class and the expanding poverty rate in our Nation.
We the People, divided by our prejudices, allow our tax dollars be used and abused by politicians controlled by the rich and wealthy in our Nation.
How much clearer can it be that both parties in Wisconsin are seeking hundreds in millions of dollars to fund a new professional basketball stadium in light of Governor Scott Walker’s proposed 300 million dollars defunding to the University…
View original 37 more words
Should Bobby Brown continue “Faith” that Bobbi Kristina recover?
Originally posted on BlackDoctor:
After being found unresponsive and not breathing in her bathtub on January 29, Bobbi Kristina has been in a coma for nearly 70 days now. Last month, daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown was transferred to a rehab facility, where she remains on life support.
A family source tells PEOPLE Magazine that things are peaceful and quiet. Brown is staying in a private room.
“The family has brought some things from home for her. Not much – just a few things, like a blanket and some pictures,” the family source says.
According to the source, the shock has worn off and the family is still holding out hope that she’ll come out of it. “We love her and want her to recover.”
All this may be true, but what many want to know is how long will…
View original 503 more words
Do you have bed partners other than your mate?
Originally posted on BlackDoctor:
Think you are sleeping alone? Think again! You’d be surprised at all of the living things you are snuggling up with at night! According to Philip M. Tierno Jr., director of clinical microbiology and immunology at New York University’s Langone Medical Center, “most people wash their sheets once a week, but many others go 3 weeks to a month without washing their sheets.”
Dr. Tierno says that once a week is the most reasonable, as your body will thank you later. Breathing in the dirt and micro debris held inside your sheets is bad for your health. Your skin cells that you leave in your bed become a meal for mites. These mites accumulate quickly over a short period of time, and not only is their presence unhealthy and disturbing, but their feces that they leave embedded in…
View original 169 more words
The Forgotten History of Britain’s White Slaves in America – The Irish Slave Trade by Don Jordan and Michael Walsh – 2008
“…the Irish slave trade began when King James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.
From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.
During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.
Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17Th and 18Th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.
My ancestor was brought to this country and sold into slavery along with his three brothers. They came over in chains along with others Scots aboard the John and Sarah and sold at auction. They were part of the 10,000 Scots who surrendered at the Battle of Worcester England in 1651. Cromwell sold all 10,000 into slavery in the Americas and the Barbados. Many of these Scots were bought by highlanders here and freed. Others ran away to the American frontier, and some even made it back to Scotland. The unlucky ones endured the same treatment as other American slaves. I have two degrees in history as well as other degrees in education. I always tell my students that if they take anything away with them from my class it should be that history lies. All history is politically based.
Synopsis by Otis Magoun
Or your Local Public Library…TM
KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR HOMELAND OF ORIGIN OTHER THAN WHAT WESTERN MEDIA INFORMS
<FACTS ABOUT AFRICA>
1. The Gambia has only one university.
2. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only
spanish speaking country.
3. South Africa is the most visited
4. Nigeria has the richest Black people in Africa.
5. Samuel Eto’o is the highest paid Footballer of all time, he received about £350,000 weekly in Russia in 2011.
6. A person from Botswana is called
a Motswana, the plural is Batswana.
7. A person from Lesotho is called a
8. A person from Niger is called a
8. A person from Burkina Faso is called a Burkinabe.
9. Nigeria has won more football
cups than England.
10. Zimbabwe’s President, Robert Gabriel Mugabe is the world’s most educated President with 7 degrees, two of them are Masters.
11. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in Africa.
12. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s
highest goalscorer in European competition.
13. Johannesburg, South Africa is
the most visited city in Africa.
14. Zinedine Zidane wanted to play
for Àlgeria, but the selector rejected him, saying they are already many players like him in the team.
15. President Jacob Zuma was given a special award by Fifa for refereeing on Robben Island during his years as a political prisoner.
16. President Robert Mugabe was
jailed for 11 years for fighting for freedom.
17. President Robert Mugabe is
Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born in 1924.
18. The Seychelles are the most educated Africans. Seychelles’ literacy rates (Adult: 92%, Youth: 99%) Zimbabwe is 2nd (Adult:
19. Rwanda is a better country for
gender equality than England and USA.
20. Somalia got its first ATM on
October 7, 2014.
21. South Africa has the most Grammy award winners in Africa.
22. Ethiopia has the most airports in
23. Ethiopia’s economy is growing
faster than China’s.
24. Eritrea’s President, Isaias Afwerki is the least richest President in Africa.
25. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest
independent country, it has existed for over 3,000 years without
26. Haile Selassie 1 was the 225th
and last Emperor of Ethiopia.
27. Nigeria has the most monarchs
in the world.
28. Angola has more Portuguese
speakers than Portugal.
29. President Jose Eduardo Dos Santos has ruled Angola since 1979.
30. President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo is Africa’s longest serving Head of State. He has ruled Equatorial Guinea since August 3, 1979 when he overthrew his uncle, Francisco Nguema. His son, Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue is his Vice President and will succeed him if he
resigns. He started ruling Dos Santo
31. George Weah of Liberia is the
first man to win World, European and African footballer of the year
in the same year.
32. Swaziland is the only remaining
absolute mornach in the world.
33. The Gambia is the smallest country in Africa followed by Swaziland.
34. King Sobhuza ll of Swaziland took the longest time in reigning Swaziland, 62 years as he was crowned in 1921 and died in August 1982 at the age of 83 years.
34.1. King Sobhuza II of swaziland, married 70 wives, who gave him 210 children between 1920 and 1970.
35. Zimbabwe is the only country in the world were almost everyone was a billionaire at one point.
INFORMATION GATHER FROM…https://www.facebook.com/Africa2point0