Yo TFG, you may not like this one either so save your time and comments ok.
For everyone else, a lady friend posted this on her Facebook wall and I thought it was interesting. I’d really like to get the thoughts of men and women about what the author states are 10 ways a woman can get something from a man.
How To, Love & Marriage: How to Get What You Want From Any Man
November 4th, 2010 – By Erica Renee, Madame Noire
Men are simple creatures. In fact, men are so simple that it often becomes complex if you try too hard to “figure them out.” It becomes even more difficult, when you’re hoping for a certain outcome in what you want from your man. When attempting to get something from him, whether it’s more assistance around the house, taking you out more, or buying you the new bag you’ve been eyeing, you have to remember to be..well simple.
Don’t attempt a long drawn out, strategically planned conversation. Chances are he will only hear the beginning and tune the rest out. Just be open, honest, and add a little TLC. It’s really that simple.
Do you want to know how to get your man to do what you want? Try these few tips and hear what a few men have to say about what wins them over. Take notes, Mesdames.
1. Don’t tell him, ask him. If you don’t want to hear the words “who do you think you’re talking to,” telling your man what he needs to do is probably not the option. No one likes to be told what to do. This statement definitely holds true to the male species. If you want something from him, don’t attempt to give him orders. 99.9% of the time it won’t go over too well.
2. Choose the right time to ask. So while he’s watching football, it may not be the best time to tell him what you’ve been thinking about your relationship and what he needs to do to make it better. Mention what you’re trying to obtain while giving him something you know he wants or likes.
Mesdames, words of advice, if you’re attempting to get something from your man, make sure you’re giving something to him. For some men this ‘want’ is pretty simple and can be summed up in three words: S-E-X. Don’t believe me?
“My girl can get almost anything from me if she’s giving me what I need. She knows me and for real, most men give in to sex…some good sex”- Shaun Gholson, 34
3. Let him know he’s the best source for getting what you want. Don’t act as if he’s the last resort but the first and best choice. Men love to feel needed. Stroke his ego, without being too needy.
4. Show him that you’re willing to do the same for him. This rule applies to all relationships, not just for those of the opposite sex. Don’t ask anyone to do what you’re not willing to do. If you’re asking your man to do something for you that you love, make sure you’re willing to do the same for him. No one likes a taker. Give a little.
“If a woman shows me that she is willing to do just as much for him as he is willing to do for her, she can really get anything, within reason”- Torre Malik, 28
5. Cook his favorite meal. Now, this tip applies only if you can cook. The goal is to turn him on to what you have to say, not off. And for you anti-Betty Crockers, order his favorite meal or taking him out may suffice but doesn’t have the same effect as a specially prepared, home-cooked meal.
6. Avoid nagging & over-mentioning. You’ve told him thirty times, in the last thirty minutes, how much you need him to take you out more. He got the point the third time, but you still continue to mention it. At this point, he may succumb to your wishes but not because he wants to, but because he feels pressured to do so. In return his attitude reflects the pressure. So you’ve gotten what you wanted from him, but can’t even enjoy it. Your initial ‘want’ now seems pointless.
7. Act as if you expect it, but not in a snobby type of way. For all of the beautiful self-proclaimed queens and princesses, yes I know, we deserve the world. But no one needs to hear it over and over again. It’s okay to expect the best, but appreciate your man’s efforts.
8. Show appreciation. Not only should you appreciate your man’s efforts. Make him feel good about giving you what you want. Appreciation and gratitude can take you a long way. Do something nice to show your gratitude.
“If you show some appreciation and don’t show any ‘gold-digger’ characteristics or selfishness, you can have the world,” – Mark Kee, 26
9. Set an example from the beginning. You can’t allow a man to walk all over you at the beginning of your relationship and then suddenly expect him to switch to niceness. You show people how to treat you. If you’re not a doormat and he does something to make you feel like you are, then state–from the very beginning that you expect to be treated more kindly than he may have shown in that instance. You have to be strong enough to select a man who is good for you–from the beginning…and eject a man who is bad for you–from the beginning.
10. Smile. When you want something, don’t ask for it with a frown on your face. It’s much more difficult to turn down a sweet, smiling angel than to turn down a scowling, angry, lady!