The Alberta Darling Recall effort is in full force. The office is open all day and into the evenings this week. If you have some extra time go over to the office at 2510 E. Capital, Stoll and Associates and volunteer…. call first to make sure someone is there (736-3252 -Robert Scott) There will be a big push this coming weekend but activities during the week as well.
Two events Monday on the Darling Recall:
Monday, March 14th – 7pm – Town Hall Forum on Walker’s Budget. Shorewood High School Auditorium, 1701 E. Capitol Dr. All interested residents of the North Shore, Senate District 8 and the eastside of Milwaukee are invited to attend and participate in this gathering to learn about and discuss this budget that threatens the quality of life in our communities and the entire state. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Recall petitions will be available to sign.)
Monday, March 14 — 4pm to 6pm — Park and Ride next to Indian Hill School — 1101 W. Brown Deer Road, River Hills — For more information, contact Candy Bar-Lev at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other activities — MONDAY
- Monday, March 14th – Noon – Rally to Save UWM, Save Milwaukee, Save Wisconsin. Rally in opposition to the Governor’s proposed budget and repair bill. (Contact: Joshua Simon, 920-858-6601)
- Monday, March 14th – 6pm – Community Information Listening Session On the Budget Adjustment Bill and 2011-2013 Biennial Budget Bill. South Division High School, 1515 W. Lapham Blvd (Contact: Kevin Kane, 414 550 8280
- Tuesday March 15th – 6pm – Community Information Listening Session On the Budget Adjustment Bill and 2011-2013 Biennial Budget Bill.U.S. Grant School, 2920 W. Grant Street. (Contact: Kevin Kane, 414 550 8280
- Wednesday March 16th – 6pm – Community Information Listening Session On the Budget Adjustment Bill and 2011-2013 Biennial Budget Bill. Milwaukee French Immersion School, 2360 N. 52nd St. (Contact: Kevin Kane, 414 550 8280)
- Wednesday March 16th – 6pm – Community Information Listening Session On the Budget Adjustment Bill and 2011-2013 Biennial Budget Bill. Alexander Hamilton High School, 6215 W. Warnimont Ave. (Contact: Kevin Kane, 414 550 8280)
ALSO ON TUESDAY IN MADISON
- Tuesday, March 15th – All Day
Wisconsin Council of Churches Advocacy Day. At Bethel Lutheran Church near the State Capitol. There will be a budget briefing and visits with legislators. Religious leaders have also requested a meeting with Governor Walker that afternoon. We anticipate having buses leaving from 5 locations statewide for Madison. If anyone wants to hop on one of the buses, please the appropriate phone number below. (We are still finalizing exact locations and times of departure.)
The marquee at the Orpheum Theatre in Madison reads: Gov. Scott Walker starring in TOTAL RECALL.” Photo attached. The recall of Walker can start until a year after his election, but preparations are being made now. Go to http://www.unitedwisconsin.com/ and sign the pledge, so when the time comes we will be organized to quickly get the signatures we need.
Forward to recal and to reclaiming our rights and our state!
Educators Network for Social Justice (ENSJ is an independent group of educators working to promote social justice teaching and policy in Milwaukee-area schools. If you wish to join the e-list of ENSJ, send an email to EducatorsNSJ@gmail.com, with “Subscribe to e-list” in the subject line. If you wish to unsubscribe, put “unsubscribe” in the subject line. Also visit us at www.ensj.org and the site of one of our projects, www.socialstudiesresources.org